2023 has been a big year!
I've spent it talking to locals and working with them to tackle the cost of living, deliver cheaper and cleaner energy, improve public and active transport, expand our world-class healthcare system, build social and affordable hosing and making our community safer by strengthening laws on domestic and family violence and lifting support for victims of crime.
This year the Palaszczuk Government has:
- delivered $550 rebates on electricity bills to all Qld households and upto $1072 to vulnerable households
- begun adding 113 extra beds at the QEII Hospital and an additional 249 beds at the PAH
- announced Free Kindy for all Queensland kids from 1 January 2024
- begun legislating against coercive control
- begun constructing more public and social affordable housing, including at Stones Corner and Holland Park
- boosted support and financial services to victims of crime and appointed an interim Victim's Commissioner
- started work on the V1 veloway at O'Keefe Street and continuing work on Cross River Rail
- lifted renewable energy use to 25% of the state's energy generation
Here's some local highlights